Steamed chicken with vegetables
Steamed chicken with vegetables.
- 8 chinese black mushrooms
- 1/2 chicken (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup sliced bamboo shoots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- Dash of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- A couple of green asparagus (optional)
Soak the mushrooms in cold water for 30 minutes to soften. Drain and slice thinly. Chop the chicken into 1 inch pieces. Slice the water chestnuts thinly.
Combine all the ingredients in a heatproof dish. Steam over rapidly boiling water for 15 minutes.