Chicken with lee kum kee black bean garlic sauce
Chicken with ❤ lee kum kee black bean garlic sauce ( An aromatic and savory, ready-to-use sauce made with fermented black beans and garlic).
Ideal for stir-frying or steaming.
A flavoursome and aromatic blend of fermented black beans and minced garlic, this sauce enables you to prepare authentic Chinese dishes at home. It is ideal for stir-frying and steaming, and at the same time, it can add a savoury aromatic flavour to dishes.
Or you can use other brown bean sauce.
- 1/4 cup diced Chinese black mushrooms
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons L.K.K.B.B.G.S. sauce or brown bean sauce
- 3/4 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1/4 cup diced bamboo shoots
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
Soak the mushrooms in water until soft or about 30 minutes, and drain. Cut off and discard the tough stems. Dice the mushrooms into 1/4 inch squares. Skin and bone the chicken breasts. Dice into 1/4 inch cubes. Gently mash the brown bean sauce and combine with the sugar, sherry, soy sauce, and chicken stock (at the bottom of this post, there is a home made chicken stock recipe).
Heat a wok or skillet over high heat until a drop of water inmediately sizzles into steam. Add the oil, garlic, and gingerroot. Stir for 30 seconds or until garlic becomes pungent. Add the chicken. Stir-fry for 1 minutes. Add the brown bean sauce mixture. Lower heat to medium and stil for 1 minute. Thicken with the cornstarch mixture.
Mushrooms are low in calories and fat and cholesterol-free, mushrooms contain a modest amount of fiber and over a dozen minerals and vitamins, including copper, potassium, magnesium, zinc and a number of B vitamins such as folate. Mushrooms are also high in antioxidants like selenium and glutathione, or GSH, substances believed to protect cells from damage and reduce chronic disease and inflammation.
HOME MADE CHICKEN STOCK RECIPE
- Place chicken carcass (including any wing bones or leg bones) into a large pot. …
- Add celery, carrots, onion, pepper, parsley and pepper.
- Cover with water (about 8 – 9 cups) and season with salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. …
- Store in an airtight container in fridge or freezer.